Friday, August 12, 2011

I started writing this entry 10 hours ago. I got distracted and wasted some few precious hours facebook-ing instead. Just basically checking posts of friends on my newsfeed. It's lame, I know. I do that a lot..WASTE time on facebook.

10 hours ago, before facebook got the better of me, I was gonna post how frustrated I am with my Friday night. 'Twas really been a busy week so I was looking forward to pulling out a really fun week-ender with some friends. Maybe have a drink or two, listen to some random live band, and then have another drink or two.

But after work, on my way home, I've decided I'm not ready yet for another friday-night hangover. So I texted my friends to tell them I'm not gonna make it. They replied with 'You're one lousy friend'. I didn't bother to reply. They'll get over it.

So yeah, I went straight home..just to find out no one's home. The fact that everybody's out partying and having a good time, while I'm alone at home with nothing to do, made me cranky. I grudgingly went to my room,  turned my lappy on, then posted on Facebook that I'm home alone.Geez.

A few minutes later, boredom started to set in so I scanned my files for a good movie, found nothing that would complement the mood I'm in, so I went back facebook-ing. I got even bored. Darn!

I then attempted to write this blog. But what can you expect from a bored, tired, burned-out mind?? Nothing. A full page of nothingness. The cursor just kept blinking and my screensaver, which was set to pop up after 2 minutes of idleness, kept popping up.

It's true..."Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time." ~Thomas S. Szasz

The blinking and popping went on for some time before I decided to give up and just call it a night.

But I just can't put myself to sleep with sheer will-power alone so I went looking for a sleeping pill.

A book! Any book! I remember the ebook emailed to me the other day by an ex-colleague. It was about programming and coding stuff. I read it. It did the trick! I was zzz-ing my way to dreamland in minutes!

So that's it. One boring Friday night.

And by the way, I ate dinner twice. Like really. I ate a full meal at around 8:00 and another full meal at around 10:00. I binge-eat when I'm bored or frustrated. Or stressed out or happy. Or just anything. I binge-eat. Period.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.