Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm watching this American TV series right now. I'm on its 4th season and they've got this thing where they recite quotes within one episode.They were not doing that in the previous seasons. Well, actually, I can't be really sure. I didn't watch the 1st & 2nd season. I went straight to the 3rd season, then the 4th.

Anyway, about the quotes.. I kinda like them. I'm a "quotes" person you see. It's one of the things that cheer me up. Reading quotes.

It's sort of an escape for me. Like when you drink yourself off when you get too stressed out, I read quotes when I get depressed.

I'm not too obssessed with it though. I can't memorize who quoted what. And I don't insert quotes in conversations to make me sound smart. To tell you the truth, I can only recite this one quote:

"I am not conceited. I merely think it's common sense to like myself."

It's one of few from Archie Goodwin, one of my fave detective characters from my 2nd most favorite detective novel. That Archie, he's one arrogant smart arse just like his boss. That's why they both became a favorite. Well, I'll talk more about them on my next posts.

Okay. back to the quotes..and this American TV series.

I got this:

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." ~H.L. Mencken

This reminds me of my tendency-slash-fantasy to go against the norm, defy authority, and to kick some arses off. I actually have a list:

1. Shoplift. This got to be the number one on my list.I wanna do it just to see if I can get away with it.
2. Prick balloons with a needle. Whoa! I always have this impulse everytime I walk by someone with   balloons. So tempting.
3. Get hit by a car. I want to know what it feels like when a 1.4 tonne metal, running at an average velocity of 50km/h, connects with my frail body.
4. Slap someone hard on the face. Real hard.  I want to feel that stinging feeling on my palm right after a good slap.
5.Get chased by the police. Then get caught so that I can finally have my first mug shot. Voila!

There were 8 or 10  in the original list. It got shorter so I guess I already outgrew some of those stupid urges.

My first post and I'm already talking about violence. yay. :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.